All e-Commerce Entrepreneurs are required to comply with the selling policy outlined in this document when posting items on MerryGoRound (MGR).
These policies are set in place to provide a safe, fair and conducive environment for all MGR members to trade. As a seller, you are responsible for ensuring the policies set forth are being adhered to, including all applicable laws and regulations of this country, Singapore.
General Usage Policies
In using or accessing MGR Services, you agree not to:
- post, list or upload content or inappropriate items;
- breach or circumvent any laws, third party rights, or MGR systems & policies;
- sell any counterfeit items or otherwise infringe the copyright, trademark or other rights of third parties;
- use our Services if you are not able to form legally binding contracts (for example if you are under 18), or a bankrupt or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from using our sites, services, applications or tools;
- fail to pay for items purchased by you without a valid reason for example, the product description was changed after being purchased;
- fail to deliver items sold by you without a valid reason for example, the buyer fails to follow the posted terms or you cannot contact the buyer;
- manipulate the price of any item or interfere with other user’s listings;
- post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libelous content;
- take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems;
- distribute or post spam, unsolicited or bulk electronic communications, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm MGR, or the interests or property of users;
- copy, modify, reproduce, perform, display, distribute, reverse engineer, or prepare derivative works from, content that belongs to or is licensed to MGR, or another MGR user or to a third party including works covered by any copyrights, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property right, except with prior express permission of MGR and/or any other party holding the right to license such use;
- collect information about users without their consent;
If we believe you are infringing any of the stated policies, we may, in our sole discretion and without limiting other remedies, retract product listing, retract selling benefits or limit, suspend or terminate your user account.
In addition, we may cancel unconfirmed accounts or accounts that have been inactive for a long time or modify or discontinue our Services. Additionally, we reserve the right to refuse or terminate our Services to anyone for any reason at our discretion.
Getting Started with a Vendor Account
In order to start selling, you need to do or have the following steps:
- Create a vendor account via the MGR website (https://MerryGoRound.sg) by clicking on the link “Become a Vendor” at the top of page.
- Enter valid email, name and contact information in the registration form and wait for approval notification via email.
- Upon approval, vendor need to setup and beautify the store with appropriate cover picture, logo and description. You can follow the example of existing e-Stores in MGR.
- Bank information must be accurate so that sales proceeds can be transferred correctly to your bank account.
- Policy and Shipping information can be added if available.
- Links to Social Media like Facebook can be added if available.
- Add new products with quality pictures (minimum 400×400 pixels), detailed description, available quantity (inventory) and pricing.
- Once product has been submitted and approved, it will appear on your e-Shop page.
Listing a Product
The following is some suggestions on how to list a product:
- Firstly, look for similar items posted on MGR to help you decide on the ideal category, tag and price for your item.
- New and pre-loved or pre-owned can be posted on MGR but needs to be indicated clearly. The default assumption would be a new product if no indication is given.
- Ensure product is displayed with quality pictures (minimum 400×400 pixels) and can have more than one pictures (gallery) if it helps the customer to appreciate your product better.
- In your product description, give reason(s) on what makes your product stands out.
- Have a competitive pricing and discounts especially for pre-owned products.